CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 13, 2007












Today my mom was feeling a little bit better and wanted to get out of the house, so we took the kids to Chick-Fil-A and then to visit her dad (my Grandpa Chandler). Usually we just go inside, but he was sitting outside when we got there, so I took the kids back to the old swing set (and I mean OLD). It doesn't even have the swings on it anymore, he said it was too much trouble to mow the grass around them. Rhett loved the monkey bars and did quite well going across them. When he went down the slide, his bottom got so dirty!! He is probably the first kid to go down the slide in at least 10 years! Micah followed close behind. It brought back so many memories of playing on the swing sets and climbing the nearby tree. It was hard for Rhett and Micah to understand that I played there when I was little and that Mamaw Laney lived there when she was a little girl.






Please continue to remember my mom in your prayers. She has another Chemo treatment in the morning and it makes her SO sick for SO many days. This will be her 3rd treatment in the last 3 weeks and then she gets a week off.

6 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Such sweet photos...

love and hugs to your mom... we'll be praying!

Jessie said...

We'll be praying too! ;-)

Dawn Jenkins said...

I will keep your mom in my prayers. I miss seeing her smiling face.

Boy or girl? The heartrate has been around 140-150 (whatever that means), the baby won't sit still long enough to get a good accurate count;( We find out Tuesday.
We need to do lunch soon. I miss you guys. :)

Anonymous said...

I will pray for your mom. I'm sorry that she has to go through this.

your blog is great. it looks like you're making up for lost blog time too. !!!

christina

robownsme said...

It was so great to see a picture of your PaPa Chandler. I remember many summers in that backyard playing and swimming in the pool. Those floaties really came in handy in the deep end! :-) I loved playing school downstairs on the chalkboard. Maybe that's where we first started wanting to teach! MiMi was just the best, too.

I think about your mom everyday. I hope she doesn't feel so bad this time with the treatment.

Rachel said...

Sue,
Thanks for the update on your mom - I didn't realize she was doing chemo again. Definitely, I'll pray for her.