CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Poem to Damon

This is a poem Robin Cross wrote to Damon and wanted to share it with my family.


Days go by and things unfold, no one knows what tomorrow holds.
Day by day we live our lives, all the while we wonder why.
We live our days busy like any other, without ever stopping to acknowledge one another.
Work, school, ball games, home life, and such, who ever realized it’s all those things that mean so much.
So often those moments ...are taken for granted, just because it’s always what’s wanted.
We often lose sight of what matters most, in the daily rituals to which we boast.
Days like these are when it seems to sink in, when in fact it is where we should always begin.
We only get one life to so called “blaze a trail”, who ever realized it could be so frail.
So take your morning, noon, and nights, and hold on to each precious memory with all your might.
Make sure you tell the ones you love, just how much, for that could very well be your last touch.

3 comments:

akhamer said...

A wonderful poem with timely reminders. Thinking of you and your wonderful family. Always glad to see your beautiful faces.
Abby

Jessica said...

Hello there. Susie gave me your name and thought maybe I could help in some way. I am so very sorry for your loss. My little brother died tragically in a car accident April 9, 2010. he was 16. I know the road you are on. it is unknown, scary, painful and doesn't even seem real at times. please know i am here if you and your family need anything. Visit my family at www.teamof6.blogspot.com and see pictures of my Brother, Martin.
I have a son named Micah as well!

Blessings, Jessica

Mrs. Wesely said...

I love the poem. It is a great reminder to live life soaking it in and really enjoy the little moments with the ones you love.