CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Memories

Tony had a softball game tonight, so I was leading the devotion/prayer time alone. I decided that every once in a while we should take time to remember things about Damon, things he did, or things he always said. With my kids being little, I want them to keep those memories of him. Most of these are inside jokes. Here's a list of what we shared:

Rhett: K-A-E (pause) L-I-N (pause) What does that spell? (pause) Kaelin!
Me: (to my kids) Come here and give me a "new carpet hug"
Blair: bringing us a pack of sour patch kids when he came to visit
Micah: throwing us on the couch
Rhett: teaching me to ride my bike
Me: drawing a smiley face on his big toe and talking to Rhett (as a baby) with it
Blair: doing cheers with us
Micah: drawing a face on Blair's belly
Rhett: fish lips
Me: picking up Rhett and Micah after he and Lee had babysat, only to find Rhett wearing a bandana as a "lid"
Blair: taking me to the "recession" stand (concession stand)
Micah: sidewalk chalk on the driveway

0 comments: