CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pitcher

Yesterday was the first Little League game (7/8 year olds) where they used a player to pitch. The first half of the season, a pitching machine was used. Now it's time to transition them to get them ready for the 9/10 year old league.

Rhett started as pitcher and did a really nice job, considering it was his first time! I was very proud! The game ran very slow, though. At one point, Blair asked (loudly), "Why don't they get that spinning thing that throws the balls back out?" Everyone in our bleachers laughed.

I'm not sure the details of the transition. I just know that the pitcher would pitch 3, and then there were 2 officials that would pitch a couple as well. Rhett pitched the 1st 2 innings and then switched positions with the catcher during the 3rd inning. The game was called due to rain/lightning??? so they didn't finish. We'll be back tonight. He's been so excited all day! If you aren't doing anything and you would like to come watch, he plays tonight at 7:00 and this Friday at 7:00 as well (minor league field). Maybe we'll see you there!
***Tony just informed me that since Rhett pitched more than 40 pitches, he can't pitch tonight. I guess I need to update myself on the rules of baseball! ;)

0 comments: