CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I am so thankful for my family and feel so blessed each day. I've had another wonderful Mother's Day! I opened the gifts my kids made me this morning. Blair drew some "scribbles" on a sheet of paper and added some stickers to it. Micah gave me a coupon book that I can use to cash in on chores and special treats, colored a Mother's Day book, and made me art work (a flower-handprints for flowers, footprints for leaves, and fingers for the grass). Rhett gave me a candle, wrote me a poem, and gave me a card.

Then we were off to church. Maria met us at the check-in counter and took our picture. My mom met us there which was a nice surprise! Church is always a little crazy during the month of May because there's no jr. church for the kids. That's a long time to keep still and quiet when you're 3! I always feel like I miss out on a month of sermons!! ;) What I did hear of the sermon was wonderful, as always, and of course, the CIC ladies did an excellent job pampering all of the moms with a gift!

After church, we met Sharon and Herb, Tabby, Danny, Devin, and Desiree at Cheddar's for lunch. Tony's mom is also very wonderful! She's great with the kids and helps us out more than she will ever know! It was nice to spend some time with her today, too! Next stop was Target. I needed to get a few things and we glanced at some cameras and camcorders. We haven't done any research and really don't even know what we want, so we were just "window shopping." Plus, I don't think spending that much on a Mother's Day gift was what Tony had in mind. I'll settle for a day of labor instead- (re-doing the mulch around the house or planting a weeping willow tree or hanging the 14 circle mirrors I bought myself for Christmas or ... well, you get the picture!)

We came home and Blair and I took a nap. I awoke to all of the laundry folded and put away! (Have I mentioned how awesome my husband is???) I took a movie back to Blockbuster and got a few groceries. Rhett and Tony are turkey hunting and the neighbor girls are here playing with my boxes of Cabbage Patch Kids from when I was a little girl.

We didn't have church tonight so it feels very strange to have all of this free time! I've swept the floors, stocked the pantry, changed the cat litter, the laundry is caught up, and I've actually blogged a couple of times this weekend. Wow! I could get used to this!

0 comments: