CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland


It looks like our tree could fall at any minute ... at least it will fall away from the house.




Rhett getting the sled ready.

Tony getting Blair's gloves ready for sledding.

The neighbor girls, Rhett, and Blair warming up in the van.

Snowball Fight!!!!
So I've been praying for "just 1 good snow day to have fun with the kids." What I got was 4 days off of school, plenty of snow (estimating 6-9 here), and about an 1 1\2 inches of ice. Not quite my prayer, but maybe I wasn't specific enough!!! ;) Of course, we've been loving every minute of it. Well, every minute besides the time that about 10-12 neighbor kids were ALL trying to come in my house at once. And yesterday when Rhett changed his ENTIRE outfit (including boxers) at least 5 times because he was too wet.

It all started early Tuesday morning with a huge blanket of snow and school cancelled. Tony had been saying that he wanted to take the kids sledding if it snowed, so he took the day off and we headed to "THE hill" at the Charlestown Library for a typical sledding experience for the Charlestown resident. I'm 33 years old, have lived in Charlestown my whole life, and had never been sledding down this hill. Plenty of times, I've driven by when it was absolutely packed and thought, you know, I should do that sometime. Well, it was as fun as I had anticipated. We took all of our kids, plus the 3 little neighbor girls, and met Johnny & his kids, and Danny & his kids. (Cindy & Tabby took advantage of a couple of hours alone and got some housework done). We had a blast!! I left the van running with a Veggie Tales DVD for the little ones to take a break and warm up in between sledding. From my observation, Tony, Danny, and Johnny had more fun than the kids.

We woke up Wednesday morning to a huge coat of ice on everything. Tony managed to go into work and I stayed home with the kids. This was the day that all of the neighbor kids were in and out of each other's houses and it got a little chaotic at times. Thankfully, we had electricity the whole time. My parents came over to spend the night since they were out of power, and Cindy said that they were heading to her mom's house for the night. Tuesday evening, our neighbor cleared our driveway so that we didn't have to park at the end close to the road. The decision was already made to cancel school for the rest of the week! We had an evening of Wii with my parents and the kids. At 9:30 my parents' neighbor called to let them know that their power was restored, so they went on home.

We all woke up this morning and went out to play in the snow. Blair didn't understand why we all couldn't ride bikes (too cute). Seth is here for the day with Rhett and Micah has been in and out with the neighbor girls. Blair and I just woke up from a nap (another fabulous thing about snow days) and I decided to blog.


0 comments: