CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Organized Chaos????

That's the only word to describe my house last night. Cindy and Tabby had a last minute bright idea of getting together after church since there wasn't school today. ;) Tabby has been wanting to get a group together to play Scattegories. It used to be so easy (and calm) back in the day ... that would be the days before everyone had kids, or at least full blown families. I think I counted 10 adults and 11 kids ranging in age from 22 months to 14 years old. That's a hard range of age to keep entertained.

That's where the chaos began. The 3 older boys (Devin, Julian, & John) were bored so they decided to shoot darts at the little ones (which I'm sure Rhett & Brian Anthony loved!!) When Brian went down to check on them he said there were kids climbing on the window shelves, kids jumping on the couch, darts flying, etc. while Blair and Brooklyn were calmly playing among the chaos. After being told not to shoot darts and getting the guns taken away, the older boys decided maybe they would have more fun outside. It was snowing so they threw snowballs at the windows to try and scare the little ones. This only made the climbing worse because now they definitely were wanting to get up on the window shelf to be the lookout.

At one point Rhett came upstairs, with a very stressed look on his face, to inform me that no one was following the "get out 1 toy at a time" rule and the basement was a disaster and no one was listening to him when he said it needed to be cleaned up. Micah on the other hand was in her glory, I'm sure!! I told him to not worry, that everyone would help clean up and the basement would be back to normal by the time everyone left. Good times, good times!! ;)

4 comments:

The Tibbs World said...

After we left last night I realized that we sould have gone down stairs and picked up some of her mess. I'm totally sorry, I just wasn't thinking.

Thanks for having us over, I so miss getting together with people. I love when Brooklyn gets to play with her little friends.

Sulayne said...

Oh, don't worry about it... there were plenty of us cleaning up, so it only took about 5 minutes. I'm glad you all were able to come! I would love to have more get togethers, I have so much fun socializing and catching up on everyone's lives!!

Theresa said...

Sounds like our house :)

Alicia Kane said...

We had soooo much fun!!! Thanks again for inviting us! I was telling mom about it and she giggled because it reminded her of the time that Brian drove the bus full of teenagers to Colorado and it totally stressed him out!! When the weather warms up we will be the "hosts" one night :-)
oh, and Ashlyn has something to tell you at church tonight..