CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve Party

Tonight we are going to Cindy & Johnny's for a New Year's Eve party. It's a pitch-in appetizer/dessert theme which is great snacking food!! I'm taking a Chocolate Chip Cheeseball (see recipe below) & Lil' weiners in sauce. I'm taking my Apples to Apples Game (& the Jr. version for the kid), playing cards to have a Euchre tournament (hopefully), and there will be a Nintendo Wii for the kids to play. I'm hoping other people will bring some new games... I'm always on the lookout for fun games to play with friends! My mom is keeping Blair tonight because she is scared of Ella (Cindy's dog). That way, Tony and I can both play games together (instead of in shifts) like we usually have to do.

2008 was a great year for my family! Tony and I are so blessed. We have 3 healthy & absolutely adorable kids, fantastic family & friends, great jobs, a nice home, and a WONDERFUL relationship! I couldn't ask for anything else! I'm looking forward to 2009 and some more memories to share.

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball:
1 package (8 0z.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter (not magarine)
1/4 t. vanilla
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 T. brown sugar
3/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Beat together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugars. Stir in chips. Refrigerate 2 hours; make into ball and refrigerate 1 hour. Roll in pecans. Serve with vanilla wafers, teddy-shaped graham crackers, animal crackers, etc. Note: Can stir in pecans and serve in a bowl instead of rolling into ball.

2 comments:

Hers and His said...

The cheese ball sounds delicious! I will have to try that one out.

Theresa said...

Happy New Year !! And I like your pics :)