CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas at the Kaelins'


Guess which one is Micah's!!!

They spent most of the week leading up to Christmas morning shaking all of the presents and trying to guess what was inside.



On Christmas Eve we went to Tony's Aunt Bea's house for the big Coomer Christmas. When we left, we headed to church to take communion and read the Christmas story. However, Rhett & Micah fell asleep on the way (it was about 10:00), so we prayed in shifts. Blair and I went in first, and then Tony went in alone while I waited in the van with Rhett & Micah. Tony was in charge of turning all of the lights, computer, music, etc. on and off so our timing worked out well.

On Christmas morning, Micah woke up first (about 7:10) and came to get me. She didn't want to go into the living room without Rhett or Blair. Everyone else that I talked to said their kids were up by 6:00 and didn't wait for anyone. It's kind of a tradition at our house that we all go in together while the video camera is recording (using a tripod). I never remember to take pictures because of all the excitement. My dad came over to see what the kids got and then at noon we went to my parents house for dinner. The Kaelin side isn't doing their Christmas until mid January (Tony's aunt and uncle are visiting his cousin in France), so we only had one stop to make. Although it was weird, it was nice to just come back home and relax while the kids played with their new toys.

On Monday night, we went to Sharon's for another Christmas dinner. She fixed lasagna & spaghetti. I really had a good time. I told Tony that we should get everyone together more often. I say that now while I'm off of work and things are easy. Ask me in a couple of weeks and see how I feel then. ;)






0 comments: