CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

Off to a not-so-great start!!!

School just started and Rhett's already missed a day. He was kind of droopy (& cried a lot) all weekend, but I thought he was just tired from our new schedule. By Sunday evening, when he went to give me a hug, I could feel that he was burning up. Tony took his temperature and it was 102.3!!!! Mom had just called to tell us she was too sick to keep the kids. Thankfully, Sharon was able to keep them on Monday (thanks, Sharon). This morning I took his temperature and it was 101.9. I gave him some Tylenol and waited about 45 minutes. It only dropped to about 100.9, so we decided not to send him to school. I felt so bad for him. You can tell when he doesn't feel good, it's so obvious through his eyes. He had a slight cough all day. By this evening, Micah started coughing. After their bath, I gave them both Motrin and they both had slight fevers (99-100). I guess we will decide in the morning whether to send them to the doctor. I always think it's strep, but my kids have never actually had it.I always get the same response when I take them to the doctor -"it's a viral infection and it has to run it's course." (There goes my $20 co-pay)Please continue to remember my mom in your prayers. Also pray that Micah and Rhett will wake up in the morning without a fever (and that Baby Blair doesn't get sick). What a way to start my new school year!

0 comments: