CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Grandma Coomer's Snow Globe

The other day I was feeding Blair and Rhett was sitting on his chair playing with a Boyd's Bear musical snow globe that was Grandma Coomer's. He quietly said, "Mom, I really miss Grandma Coomer." I said, "Rhett, I do too. Daddy misses her. We all do." Then he said, "When we would go to her house she always had surprises for us." So I asked him what were the surprises (thinking he meant when she would let them go get a cookie from the cookie jar). He said, "She always hid a Superman cape for me to find and a 'heart thing you cook with' for Micah" (an apron that was white with little red hearts trimmed in lace). I said, "Oh yeah, I remember those things. She knew how much you two liked to play dress-up." Grandma Coomer actually gave Micah the apron one of the last times we visited her. He asked if we could pray for her (like he does every time we pray). He wants her to be happy with Jesus in heaven.


I know Grandma Coomer is looking down smiling. ;) She was such a blessing to so many people. I often wonder if little Blair Carlene will have her same demeanor. Blair is such a happy baby and always smiling. I hope she grows up hearing all of the great stories about her Great Grandma Coomer (who she is named after). We miss her very much!

4 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

We miss her too Rhett!

The Tibbs World said...

You know the other day Brooklyn was playing on the floor and I had laid down the quilt that Grandma Coomer made for Brian and I. Brooklyn pulled it around herself and got all wrapped. I got a tear in my eye because it made me feel like Grandma Coomer was hugging her.

I can't wait to see her again.

Anonymous said...

We really do miss her also. She always had good things to say about everyone. We loved her so much. I miss her hugs.
Susie

Cara said...

Very sweet story...I'm all choked up now.