CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mid Week Happenings

Monday my mom kept the kids for a little while so that I could run some errands in Clarksville. Then, I swam with the kids at mom's and we went down to the pond and caught some baby frogs. Monday night Tony worked late (he said it's going to be a busy week)... I think he got home about 8:00. He played with the kids for awhile, and then helped with baths. When they were all asleep, he worked on church things for a meeting on Tuesday. He was exhausted!!

On Tuesday, mom went with us to the Louisville Zoo. It was a little cooler and less humid so I thought it would be a good day to go. The kids were WONDERFUL!! It was such a good day! We were all exhausted when we got home, too tired to cook -even Rhett took a nap, which is very unusual!! Tony picked up McAllisters on his way home (yum!). We ate and then Tony left to go to church for a meeting. I played outside with the kids and neighbor kids most of the evening.

Today we stayed home all day. Rhett had Jarrod (neighbor and church friend) over all day and Micah and her friends went back and forth between all of the neighbor houses. I worked on the photo albums and cleaned/reorganized my Precious Moments curio cabinet. I fixed summer sausage with red potatoes and sweet onions. Tony worked late again tonight, so he came home just in time for me to go to church.

It's late, everyone else is in bed, and I think I'm heading upstairs myself. I'll try to blog more often although when nothing exciting is happening, I wonder if people think my entries are boring???? Speaking of boring, I've hit a dull spot in my devotions/Bible readings. I just can't find something to study. I was best when our church did the One Year bible readings because it was all laid out and although it was a lot of reading each day, I liked that it told me exactly what to do each day. I think my indecisiveness (and Satan) are getting the best of me. If anyone has suggestions for a good Bible Study (either by subject or by books of the Bible) or a good Devotional book, please let me know. I'm in a slump and I need to get out!!!

4 comments:

Mrs. Wesely said...

I love the updates. Nothing about your life is boring! I also have a couple devotion books you can borrow if you want. You can take a look on Saturday.

Rachel said...

Hi, chickie! I like reading about your life too! It's a great way to keep in touch, and I get so inspired by your organizational skills!!!

Anonymous said...

Sulayne,
I love sharing your life with you! We are so busy and don't get to spend time with our church family like we should so this helps me feel that I am apart of your family in a small way. Keep it up!!!!!
Leigh Ann

Rachel said...

P.S. I forgot to say that when I am in-between Bible studies, then I go Proverbs. I just read the chapter that is the same number as the day's date. There's usually one or two new gems of wisdom that really leap off the page and apply to a situation in my life or bring better understanding to something that's recently happened. Hope that helps!!