CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Princess Pageant

Wow! I can't believe I've been out of school almost 3 weeks ... the time is flying by! It's so nice staying home, I could get used to this!! Last week Rhett went to a basketball camp at the high school each day from 10-12. Micah, Blair, and I usually did errands during that time. In the afternoons we did something different each day. One day we swam at mom's. One day we stayed home and the kids played with the neighbors. One day we went to school so that I could do a few things and then we went to Clarksville to return some things. One day we went to Tabby's and on Friday, Olivia, Brian Anthony, and John spent the afternoon with us. Friday was also the day that we got Daisy for the week. Daisy is Tabby's dog who frequently stays with us when they go out of town. Blair was so funny when the dog got to our house!! She was super excited and ran all around the house! She cried when Tabby left because I think she thought Daisy was already leaving!! Friday night Rhett had his last Tee-Ball game and then Damon came over to keep the kids so that Tony and I could go out. On Saturday, Rhett went to a friend's birthday party (he was one of only 2 boys among about 10 girls). Tony took Blair with him fishing and Micah and I stayed home. Saturday night, Damon kept the kids again and Tony and I went to the Fusion Fest at Greenway Park. We met up with Karen and some friends from church. I love hearing live music!! Of course, I thought our band, Forgiven (from CIC), was by far the best!! Matt sounds so much like Mac Powell (my favorite).

Sunday after church, mom took Blair and Rhett for the afternoon so that I could focus on primping Micah for the Princess Pageant (Charlestown Founder's Day). She looked so adorable!! I painted her nails and fixed her hair. We even put on a little bit of sparkly glitter, perfume, and lip gloss. She was very confident and was excited until we walked in and she saw the crowd!! There were so many people there. We waited in line to have her picture taken and then I took her up front with the other contestants. By the time it was ready to start, her shyness and anxiety had kicked in and she was starting to cry. I sat with her and when they called her group of contestants (she was #15 of 32) she was too scared to go on stage. The lady whispered for me to go with her. So here I was, on stage, with 5 little girls. She held my hand and walked up the "runway" but tucked her head under when the interviewer asked her a question (What is your favorite color?) I had to answer for her (pink), and then we sat down on the ground in front of the stage. She was so cute, though!! From where we were sitting, she could see the trophies and when I told her that everyone would get a trophy she was thrilled!! I don't think she ever grasped the concept that they were picking a "princess" and there would be winners. I think she thought that if you were in it, you were a princess. I was so proud of her. She did way better than I was expecting her to do!! She's so proud of her trophy and has it displayed on her dresser. Rhett had just received his trophy for the CYBL last week during basketball camp, so she was excited to have a trophy of her own!!

0 comments: