CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!




Woo hoo! It's a Snow Day! Being a teacher, I'll always have that joyous feeling to wake up to find that school's been cancelled due to inclement weather! Our school has a phone tree to contact everyone to let them know important information. I've always had to call people, but the list was changed this year, and the people on my list this year are different. I am in charge of calling the other 3 2nd grade teachers as well as the 2nd grade Title assistant. It was hilarious! Everyone was so thrilled when I gave them the good news, that I felt like the florist delivering flowers (you know how happy people are when they receive flowers)!
As soon as the kids woke up, they wanted to play in the snow. I bundled everyone up, and out we went. I took just a few pictures and then the neighbor girls were shouting for Rhett and Micah to come over there. I meant to have Rhett take some pictures with his new digital camera (Fisher Price) that he got for Christmas. Hopefully, there will be more snow this winter and he can capture some action shots.
First one to slide down the slope was Blair (alone). If only I had videod! When she got to the bottom, she tipped over face first in the snow. She sat up and Micah hollered, "She's eating the snow!" She didn't even cry! She loved it. After that, we decided that Blair could only go down if someone was with her. So Rhett and Micah took turns taking her down. She LOVED IT! Blair and I only stayed out about 10 minutes and I took her in. I didn't want her to get too cold. There wasn' enough snow to have a snowball fight or make a snow man, and it's already almost melted. Hopefully, we will have even more snow and the kids can make some snow angels, forts (Angela, remember the forts and snow ball fights we used to have????), a snowman, and maybe even snow ice cream! I hate it that Tony had to work! He loves it when it snows!
I also love snow days because there's nothing on my agenda. It's truly a DAY OFF! I have caught up on some reading, laundry, and since the house was cleaned yesterday, I don't have anything to do ... and that's GREAT! I've even had time to just sit on my couch (which I don't think I've done in ages)! So, yes, I've been kind of lazy, but that doesn't get to happen very much. I've had time to play with my kids(I've beat Rhett twice at Trouble), catch up on some reading, and more important for all of you out there in the blog world, to catch up on some posts.
I just put Blair down for her afternoon nap. Tony called and wants us to meet him at Quizno's for dinner before he teaches his class at Ivy Tech (oh yeah, he is officially an Adjunct Professor teaching an intermediate engineering drafting class). I think I'll go upstairs and fix myself some hot apple cider and watch a little bit of Oprah. What more could a girl ask for??? ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the simple things in life that makes the best memories. I admit, I am a little jealous! I wish I could rewind time 10 years and enjoy those days again. Oh well, there are new chapters in my life that are just as exciting but in different ways. Im sounding just like my mom again!!!!OH NO!!haha leigh ann

Mrs. Wesely said...

I just posted my love for snow days and then I read yours. It's the greatest feeling no matter if you are an 8 year old student or a 30 year old teacher!

Anonymous said...

We just got about 2 inches up here. Not even enough for a delay. :-( Wish Sarah and I could have been down there with you to enjoy the day. We miss you all so much.

I do remember those forts and snowmen very well! Sarah loves watching the home movies of us out in the snow doing our cheerleading moves (with you on my back, of course!) Now, if only we could have kept John and Damon from knocking them down! haha

Angela