CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Year's Eve






On New Year's Eve we (Our family, Tabby's family, and Cindy's family) went and ate pizza at the Pizza King in New Albany, went bowling, and then came back to my house for snacks and games (Marcye's family met us later at our house). For some reason, I didn't end up with very many pictures. We had a lot of appetizers and snacks and we made our own "mocktails" (Julian, John, Devin, and Caleb were creating their own concoctions)and drank sparkling grape juice and sparkling apple cider! We played games (Apples to Apples) and watched the ball drop on TV! It was nice hosting a kid-friendly party! I hope to have more "Game Nights" in the future. If anyone has any suggestions for some great group games to buy, please let me know!

Tabby teaching the kids how to slide down my stairs ... will she ever grow up? ;)
This was taken at the end of the night, the adults were ready to crash after consuming too much sugar ... (the kids were still going strong playing in the basement on a major sugar high)!

5 comments:

Hers and His said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hers and His said...

I put this long comment on how to set up your sitemeter...and then I saw that you had already figured it out! :)

Megan

Anonymous said...

Hi Sulayne: Your post came up because of a Google Alert I have set up for our book titled, Great Group Games. For more ideas about great group games, check it out. It was written by two YMCA youth workers and it is full of fun games for children. Adults will enjoy them too. Visit your local bookstore or check out our Web site: www.search-institute.org. We are a youth development organization in Minneapolis. All the best to you and the family's in your neighborhood. Sounds like you have a great community. Sincerely, Bill Kauffmann, Trade Sales Coordinator. P.S. I signed in as "anonymous" because I don't blog much and didn't know how to post my comment any other way.

Rachel said...

Looks like a fun time!! :)

Nice red couch! ;)

Mrs. Wesely said...

1. Catch phrase....there are several versions.

2. Warewolf (or Mafia)....it can be played without any supplies. I'll have to explain it. It's kind of a "who did it?" type of game.

3. Cranium

4. Ouija (HA! Just kidding!)

I LOVE GAMES!