CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

An Update on My Mom

Many of you have asked, so I thought this would be the easiest way to let you know the latest information.

My mom started chemotherapy treatments last Wednesday. Blood work was showing that the cancer is back. It had been elevating slightly each month and after the 2nd month, the doctor has decided to start chemo. She had a cat scan on Tuesday. Initial reports show that there is a spot close to her colon and tail bone. I don't know if it's the same spot or if there's more than one. There was also a little concern about her liver. The nurse called her on Friday afternoon to give her this information, but she hasn't spoken with the doctor yet. The nurse said that they would continue to do the chemo treatments (1 treatment every 4 weeks) for 3 treatments and then do another cat scan. She has bloodwork at least once a month. She didn't mention surgery. The nurse also stressed that they are still considering it "Ovarian Cancer" (it's not Colon cancer, it's just spots that are close to the colon).

The 1st treatment did not make her sick like in the past. It's a different form of chemo and the side effect of this type is something called hand and foot disease (I think). She has to take many precautions with her skin, not exposing it to extreme hot or cold temperatures. She must continuously put on lotion and limit her time outside.

It's been a long fight (it will be 5 years this spring) -this is the 5th round of chemo and she's had 1 round of radiation. She's a fighter and has more tolerance for pain than anyone I know! I appreciate all of the people who have been asking about her and who are praying for her and my whole family. I will keep you updated with new information.

Sulayne

2 comments:

The Tibbs World said...

Your mother amazes me! We will keep praying for her and all of you guys.

Hers and His said...

We are praying for you all.