CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Our Week in Review

Monday: Tony worked on grading papers and the church budget. I fixed dinner (Spicy Chicken Casserole) and folded laundry. Damon came over to help move our basement furniture to get ready for the new carpet. Yeah!!



Tuesday: Snow Day!! That was the day I had all of the neighbor kids. Tony taught at Ivy Tech that night.



Wednesday: Another Snow Day!! The refrigerator went out. Since it was so cold, I packed up all of the food and put it in trash bags on the back deck. Tony went to my mom's that evening to watch the IU game and he took the freezer food up there to store in their deep freeze. Of course the refrigerator goes out right after we just spent a ton of money on carpet for the basement!!! Murphy's Law???? I fixed Fetuccine with Chicken for dinner. Church was cancelled due to the ice on the parking lot.

Thursday: Back to school!! It was Valentine's Day and Micah and Rhett both had their parties at school. My mom went to Micah's and I got someone to cover my class so that I could go to Rhett's. In the afternoon, my own class had their Valentine's party. Mom met me afterschool with the kids and we all went to the JJ Boy's Basketball game. I was supposed to work "Crowd Control" but I don't know how well I did my job since I was holding Blair most of the game. My brother Lee and his friend Robbie met me at the house to fix the refrigerator. Thankfully, it just needed freon and we didn't have to buy a new refrigerator!! After we got the kitchen back in order, Tony picked up Charlestown Pizza Company for dinner. I guess this was our Valentine's (family) dinner!! ;) We both are not good at giving gifts and had decided back in our dating days that gifts wouldn't be exchanged. (Plus, if you think how much money we just spent on the new carpet, that's my "Valentine" gift for the next several years.)

Friday: It was a Half-day of school!! It was also the day the new carpet was being delivered. My mom met the installers at the house in the morning. Rhett just stayed with me after school and I finished up my lesson plans. Then we went to get Blair's 9 month pictures (I know, I'm a little behind) and then met my mom at the house. She left and I had to entertain the kids since they couldn't go upstairs (we also got carpet for the stairs going up) or in the basement. We all played in my bedroom. We played with the dollhouse (Rhett had a log cabin built out of Lincoln Logs), we played hot wheels and legos, and then just talked and read books. Damon volunteered to keep the kids so that Tony and I could go to the Charlestown vs. Salem game (at Salem). I really wanted to go to this game because Salem's head coach is a former Charlestown player -and friend of the family.

Saturday: In the morning, I ran some errands. I went to Once Upon a Child, Target, and Old Navy. No luck shopping. I did get some storage bins to organize the toys for the basement. When I got home, Tony went to Ivy Tech to grade papers and Damon and I put the furniture back in the basement while watching the UK game. Damon volunteered to keep the kids again so that Tony and I could go out for Valentine's Day. We went to the Cheesecake Factory ...yum! While we were waiting (nearly 2 hours) we did some shopping. I got Micah and Blair matching shirts to wear on their birthday party day.

Sunday: We went to Life Groups and Church. It was an AWESOME church service. A lot of people gave testimonies and the songs were really good. I felt the urge to give a testimony, but always hesitate because I don't like speaking in large crowds. At the end of the service, Brian pretty much summed up exactly what I wanted to say (and it sounded a lot better than if I would have spoken). I asked for a special prayer for my mom. She goes Tuesday for a cat scan and starts chemotherapy on Wednesday. This will be her 5th round of chemo in 5 years. Please pray that the cat scan doesn't show anything on her liver (or anywhere else) and that the chemo doesn't make her sick or lose her hair. We all took a nap (except Rhett) in the afternoon and went back to church that night. It was "dress like someone" at AWANA so Rhett was a cowboy and Micah was a cheerleader. We came home and watched "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" because it was about a family from Louisville.

Monday: Today Micah and Rhett had dentist appointments (we are out of school for President's Day) and my mom came along to help. We went to Chick-Fil-A to let the kids play and then went to visit my Grandpa Chandler. Then we came home and I folded and put away about 8 loads of laundry. I fixed fajitas for dinner and decided to update the blog.

Busy, busy, busy! Micah and Rhett are playing basketball and Tony is trying to get Blair to go to sleep. I'm off to give the kids their bath. Tomorrow I have to go back to work. Please pray for my mom tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Hers and His said...

Since you've updated us on so much, I have a few comments! 1. Spicy chicken casserole sounds delicious. Maybe you could post the recipe? hint hint 2. We watched the extreme makeover show too! It was so neat and their family totally deserved every bit of it! 3. I will be praying for your Mom and your family.

Megan

Mrs. Wesely said...

Your mom is in my prayers....please update us as soon as you know results.

Karen

Dawn Jenkins said...

We will be praying for your mom.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

any updates on your mom? I just got a chance to read this tonight...