CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Two Snow Days

Today is our 2nd Snow Day this week! Unlike most teachers, I absolutely LOVE Snow Days. There's nothing better than waking up to a day with nothing planned! It's even better now that I have kids because I can devote an entire day just to them without any interruptions.

I have checked off several things on my To-Do List. The laundry is caught up, the floors are swept, the bills are paid, all of my papers from school have been graded, and I'm able to have a little free time as well.

Yesterday my house was the meeting place for all of the neighborhood kids (I think they were 8 kids). I had the boys upstairs and the girls in the basement. Every once in awhile, they would switch. Later, the girls went to the other neighbors house and I was left with the boys. However, I didn't get much accomplished because I spent the majority of the day catering to all of the kids. I had to clean spilled hot chocolate, cookie crumbs, cracker crumbs, spilled soft drinks, and dry all the wet coats and gloves- oh the live of the stay at home mom! By 4:30, Micah was being dropped off and I told the last kid it was time to go home. I was almost as exhausted as if I had been teaching all day! The kids had a blast though! If only I had their energy!

It's 11:15 and Micah and Rhett have already played outside in the snow, went sledding at the neighbors and are back to warm up (with just one friend from the neighborhood). I just looked out the window to see the bigger kids and what I (as a mom needing to prepare myself for the the teenager's idea of a good time) have to look forward to- they've got a sled hooked up to the back of a John Deere Gator and they are pulling each other through the yards. It does look like fun! Maybe I'll go and join them later ... or maybe not!

0 comments: