CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break 2009

Here's a Recap of the week so far:

Saturday: Started on my closet. I took some advice I'd heard somewhere "if you didn't wear it this season, then get rid of it." I switched out all of my clothes and shoes to spring/summer. In doing so, I realized what a pitiful collection of fall/winter shoes I have. It basically consists of one pair each of knee high boots in black & brown, one pair of low black boots, and one pair of brown loafer type shoe (not counting sneakers) ... so sad! So I guess I'll be on the lookout for some clearance shoe sales! We took the kids to Chick-Fil-A to play and then did some price comparisons on ellipticals. We've decided against getting a gym membership due to time constraints and babysitting issues but we both want and need to start exercising more! We've talked to several people who own them and our plan was to shop around for an elliptical. Saturday evening was full of basketball games on TV -March Madness at it's best!



Sunday: We went to church and then on to McAlister's Deli for our typical Sunday afternoon dinner. I worked on Rhett's closet and then it was back to church for AWANA & Sunday Night Serving. Hope came home with us to spend the night with Rhett, but I forgot to get pictures of them.;(



Monday: Hope left around noon and by that time the yard was packed with neighbor kids. It was such a pretty day outside so we decided to pack some snacks and head to the park. Rhett loaded up the van with bikes while I called Cindy to see if she wanted to tag along (she couldn't). We went to the Charlestown State Park. We had so much fun! The kids played on the playground, rode their bikes, and then we drove to the boat ramp so that they could see the Ohio River ... such a beautiful view! When Tony got home from work, I headed to the grocery store for the week realizing how much more food we eat when we are home all day. When the kids went to sleep, I worked on Micah's closet. 3 down, 1 to go (Tony's on his own)!



Tuesday: Another gorgeous day! We started the morning by going to their 6 month dental check ups (my mom went along with us). Rhett & Micah both need to go back for tiny cavities. He said we could just closely monitor them, but I would rather get it taken care of. This was Blair's first dental check up. She did fairly well during the cleaning, but when the dentist came and asked for her to sit back down in the chair, she looked at the assistant and with tears in her eyes, said, "I did!" (meaning, hey lady, I've already laid there once and let you put all of that stuff in my mouth and now you're telling me I've got to do it again????). Everything looked great with Blair! We left there and headed to the mall to get Micah's ear re-pierced. She has had trouble with one ear for a long time and we decided it would be best just to re-do it. She did great! I bought new earrings for Blair and Micah. I ran in Children's Place to get the girls some capris and Rhett a couple of pairs of shorts. From the mall we went to Chick-Fil-A (again) and then headed to Target. My mom hadn't been out shopping in ages due to her treatments so we just enjoyed a little shopping time. We came home and the kids played in the yard most of the day. I made Bleu Cheese Potato Skins with Buffalo Chicken ... mmm! Then it was off to Micah's T-Ball practice!



Wednesday: Mom met up with us again, this time for doctor appointments. Rhett had been wanting to go to Cici's Pizza in New Albany so we ate there for lunch ("Welcome to Cici's!"), ran in Wal-Mart for a couple of items, and then to their yearly check-ups. Rhett weighed 50 pounds and Blair weighed 26.5 pounds! They rescheduled Micah's appointment to save me a co-pay since she'll be needing a Kindergarten Physical after April 1st. Blair and Rhett both had to get their finger pricked and shots! ;( My poor babies! Cindy came by for a little bit to drop off some of Olivia's clothes for Micah. Tony picked up McAlisters for dinner. After that he went to church, but I stayed home since their wasn't the Kids For Christ kids program (due to Spring Break). In the last wind storm we had several shingles blown off and the guys came today to fix that. I also worked on Blair's clothes.



Thursday: Today Rhett was invited to a friend's house and I just hung out at home with Micah and Blair. I finished up the last of the closets, order pictures (I hadn't had pictures developed since October!), did laundry, and checked off a couple of things on my to do list. Micah had the neighbor girls over most of the day. They just left to go to their house, Rhett just came home, Blair is waking up from her nap, and I'm about to fix dinner. We're having Saucy Pepper Steak served over a bed of rice.



Tomorrow Tony and I are off to Indy for a Chris Tomlin concert!!! We are so excited we can hardly wait. We are staying in Indy all weekend and making it a little mini-vacation. My mom and Sharon will be keeping the kids. I'll try to post more details later.

0 comments: