CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Updates

It's been so long since I've posted a blog, I don't even know where to start! Blair now has 2 teeth on the bottom. The 2nd one came in just a few days after the first. She's 7 months old now and becoming more independent. She actually doesn't cry hysterically when I lay her on her belly. She will tolerate it for a few minutes, trying to figure out the crawling thing. Then she cries so pitiful, like she's absolutely exhausted!! We think that she waved "bye-bye" to Beth and Josh on Sunday night. The next night, she waved to my brother Damon. Still no words, though. I keep telling her that she needs to say "ma-ma", "da-da", and "Go Cats"! ;)

Micah got her 1st haircut. We went to Aunt Phyllis's shop (Personal Image) and she did really good! She only cried when Phyllis was blowing her hair dry. I think it scared her! Little tears streamed down her face. Phyllis just trimmed and shaped it up. It looks so healthy and thick now! She's been wanting to wear her hair in a side ponytail (so 80's). She asked me tonight if she "looked like a teenager." I didn't even know she knew what a teenager was!

Rhett's Kindergarten class went on a field trip today to Huber's. I took the day off and went. I told my kids at school yesterday that today they might see me at school, but that I was doing the mom thing! We had such a good time. The weather was a little cool, but other than that, it was great! They showed them the process an apple goes through (from tree to packaged in a box to be sold). Then, they picked their own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. Next, we ate lunch at the picnic tables. After that, we fed the animals in the petting zoo, jumped on the new bouncing thing. Rhett and I ended the trip by finding our way through the corn maze. It was great to spend some one on one time with Rhett!

My mom was supposed to have a chemo treatment today, but her bloodwork came back saying she couldn't have it because her counts were too low. She has been more tired and weak lately. She has 5 treatments left. The nurse said the doctor may be calling her to see what the next steps will be. She has never been able to have the 3 treatments in a row like planned. I don't really understand it all. My mom says she understands when they are explaining it to her, but then when she goes to tell us, she gets confused. I need to just go with her so I can hear it myself.

Damon has really stepped up to fill in as a babysitter, which has been a blessing! Well, I should say blessing to us, but maybe not to him, because that usually means he isn't working if he can keep the kids. My mom's treatments and doctor's appointments are on Wednesdays and Mondays are the days when she feels the worst. He's kept them the past Monday and Wednesday for us. Damon had to work today, so Tony had to take the day off to keep the kids while I was on the field trip. Then, when I got home, he went to work. Sharon was going to try to keep them more, but her work schedule hasn't allowed her any days off to help out. Please pray for our babysitting situation. It looks like we may need someone 2 days a week from now until around Christmas.



Blair is all smiles around her Uncle Lee.

Micah's 1st haircut!

Rhett, Micah, and Landon at Landon's 6th Birthday party!

7 comments:

Hers and His said...

Glad you are back! Loved hearing the updates :)

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Yeah - an update... Way to go Blair. I can't wait to see Micah's hair.

I feel so special that she waved 'bye' to us first... maybe she just really wanted us to go! :-)

Mrs. Wesely said...

Oh, let's hope that's the only haircut Micah ever cries about! Welcome to the the world of maintenance, Micah!! :)

I'll also say some prayers about your babysitting... :(

Hers and His said...

you've been tagged...read my blog :)

Dawn Cox said...

you've been tagged, go read my blog!

Dawn Cox said...

Miss hearing the updates on your guys! Hope you blog soon.

Dawn Cox said...

It is recipe exchange time. Go to my blog titled recipe exchange to see what it is about!