CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

An Update on My Mom

My mom's cancer (Ovarian) is back. I had been waiting to tell everyone until we knew what treatment option they would choose. She will be admitted Tuesday (the 18th) at Norton's for 48 hours and will have a localized radiation treatment. She will have to lay flat and the radiation will be administered through hollow needles only at the centralized location, which is close to her bladder. She can only have 1 visitor each day for 30 minutes and the visitor must wear protective lead gear. It sounds awful! Please pray that she will be comfortable and that the time will go by fast.

It has been 6 1/2 years since her initial diagnosis and she has went through at least 6 rounds of chemotherapy and 1 round of radiation treatments. She has been through so much. Also, pray that this treatment works and that she will not have to endure more chemo treatments for awhile.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Thanks for the update Sulayne. I know she must be upset about this. I will be praying for her.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue! So sorry, this must be devastating. This verse has been a great comfort this year.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalms 34:18

I will be praying for her and your family.

Abby

Hers and His said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Chris and I will be praying for your mom and your family.

Leigh Ann said...

Sulayne,
I will be praying LOTS that God will again come to the rescue of your mom and give her and your family the strength to endure another battle. Your family needs her love and support for many more years to come.

Rena' said...

I am so sorry that this has come back. It does just sound terrible. It is hard to comprehend how brave your Mom must be to handle all of this. Luckily she has a loving daughter to help her through. I will keep your family in my prayers.

The Tibbs World said...

Hey Sue, if your mom ever needs a break from watching Blair, just call me and I'll take her. I'm sure she and Brooklyn would have a blast.

Theresa said...

I too will be praying for her and all who love her <3