CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Play Ball!

We are almost halfway through the Little League season which has been my new excuse for not having time to blog! ;) Rhett and Micah are both playing (Micah: t-ball & Rhett: Farm League) so we've been spending most evenings at the ball park. It's brought back a lot of memories for me. I never played, but practically lived there as a kid because both of my brothers always played and my dad coached. It's been fun catching up with old friends who I've seen there as well.
Micah's games aren't very exciting but are really funny to watch! She's getting a lot better and can even hit off of a pitch now! Most of the time she plays left field and spends her down time making little piles of dirt with her shoes. ;)

Rhett's games are very exciting and fun to watch. There's a lot of talent on his team and he has really good coaches (Tony is an assistant). They hit off of a pitching machine which made both Rhett and myself nervous at first. Rhett has played several positions. The coaches try to switch them around to give them a lot of different kinds of experiences (I guess). It's amazing to see each player improve from week to week. 2 of the boys on Rhett's team are in my class at school, so that's been fun as well.

I'm off to a game right now. I'll post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Susie said...

That's funny about Micah kicking dirt around and making dirt piles. That is what Tyler always did when he played. He tries now when playing soccer and he is in the goal.

Anonymous said...

Sulayne & Tony,

It was really nice spending time with your family at Isabella's birthday party.

Your children are growing up so fast, and that makes me feel old. (:)

Beautiful, Adorable and BLESSED are the words to describe the Kailen family.

As you know, not every child is as blessed to have such a structured homelife and I'm sure you see this a lot in your teaching position.

I can sense God's presence in your lives and I'm very proud of you both and your precious sweet spirits.

You have grown in God's work and it's wonderful to know their are still families who put God first.

I'm so blessed to have friends like you. Please continue to allow God to speak to your hearts and provide direction in your lives.

You've come to far to turn back now.
His returning is near!

God Bless You!
Lajuana